Country Champs 2019 Information
Mandurah Basketball Association is now accepting applications from COACHES, ASSISTANT COACHES, APPRENTICE COACHES for the 2019 Country Championships.
Please download a copy of the attached form and complete and return to the MBA Office. Alternatively you can pick up an Application Form from the Office.
Completed forms must be submitted by the 21 November 2018, 5pm.
We have also opened up the online TRIAL REGISTRATION Link for any players wishing to register to trial for a place in a Mandurah Basketball Association Representative Team.
ALL registrations are done via this link, including apologies. The Trial fee is $10 per player.
Should you be successful in gaining a place in a team, the anticipated cost to participate at Country Champs is around $80 per person, but confimed costs will be available once coaches have advised of training sessions.
Please ensure you are available to train in the January Holidays.
The criteria to be eligible for selection into a team for Country Champs is as follows:
ELIGIBILITY AND TEAM SELECTION
All players participating in MBA Domestic Competition are eligible for selection for a 2019 Country Championship team provided that they have played in a minimum of 4 games as a registered player with their team.
Below details BWA Player Eligibility for Country Championships. The player must:
- Be under the age restriction as at 31 December in the year of the competition, i.e. 2019
- Be fully financial with their Association and Basketball WA
- Have permanently resided in a Country area since mid-December of the year prior to the Championships i.e. 2018
- Be a regular playing member of that Association’s competition having played a minimum of four (4) games in that Association’s most recent competition
- Be turning 18 years in 2019 to participate in a Senior team, i.e. born in 2001, 2000, 1999 or earlier.
COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYING DATES
- 9th & 10th February 2019 – Under 16 & Under 18 Women and Men
- 16th & 17Th February 2019 – Under 12, Under 13, Under 14 & Under 15 Girls
- 23rd & 24th February 2019– Under 12, Under 13, Under 14 & Under 15 Boys
- 2nd, 3rd & 4th March 2019- Senior Men and Women
Country Champs TRIAL DATES and TIMES
SUNDAY 9 DECEMBER
9am – 10:30am U12 Girls
10:30am – 12:00pm U13 Girls
12:30pm – 2:00pm U14 Girls
2:00pm – 3:30pm U15Girls, U16Girls and U18Girls
MONDAY 10 DECEMBER
4:30pm – 6:00pm U12 Boys
6:00pm – 7:30pm U15Boys and U16Boys and U18Boys
TUESDAY 11 DECEMBER
4:00pm – 5:30pm U13 Boys
5:30pm – 7:00pm U14 Boys
Please read the flyer for further information.
For SENIORS interested in attending please follow the link and register your Expression of Interest online also, we will then be in touch to arrange teams and trials if neccessary
LINK to REGISTER IS: