MANDURAH BASKETBALL JULY 3X3 TOURNMENT
U12 | U14 | U16 | U18 | U23 | SENIOR MEN | SENIOR WOMEN | SENIOR MIXED
ALL TEAMS ARE REQUIRED TO READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BEFORE REGISTERING
U12s | U16s | U23s
Thursday 7 July
9am – 5pm
U14s | U18s
Friday 8 July
9am – 5pm
Senior Men | Senior Women
Friday 8 July
6.30pm – 9pm
Thursday 14 July
6.30pm – 9pm
MANDURAH BASKETBALL 3X3 JUNIOR AND SENIOR TOURNAMENT DETAILS
$80 per Team – To be paid with registration.
All players must have a current BWA Membership
(if your membership expires prior to the tournament or you do not have one you will be required to renew it. $36.75)
AGE GROUP RESTRICTIONS (no longer in-line with current Domestic birthdates)
Players must be Under the age of the reflective age group. For example ALL players playing in U12s must be 11 years or younger. A player can turn 12 on Friday 8 July.
There are NO exemptions for players to play down an age group. Eg you CANNOT be 12 or older on Thursday 8 July and play in (UNDER)12s.
Based on feedback received from previous tournaments we have created divisions for teams that do not have WABL players. WABL players will not be permitted to enter these divisions. Please note. If we can not field enough teams to run both divisions we will merge both competitions. If teams do not want to play in that division we will offer full refunds.
NO WABL PLAYERS/SOCIAL DIVISIONS – Current WABL/DLEAGUE/NBL Players are NOT permitted to register in the NO WABL PLAYERS or SOCIAL MIXED divisions. These divisions have been created for social and non WABL player teams.
UNRESTRICTED DIVISIONS – All competitive teams are welcome and encouraged to register to this division. These divisions are not specifically for WABL/NBL Teams. Teams do not need to have WABL/NBL players to register.
U23s – The Open U23s division will accept Male and Female teams. Teams cannot be a mix of female and male.
MIXED : Mixed teams must have 2 Females and 2 Males registered to their team to enter. All Players must be present at the start of each game. Should only 1 male or 1 female be present, game will be forfeited.
MBA 3X3 Tournament Rules
Based on FIBA Rules
COURT AND BALL
- 3 on 3 will be played within a half-court.
- The three point line is the possession line.
- 3×3 Ball for all Age Groups (Please note a 3×3 ball is a Size 6 Ball)
- Minimum and Maximum of 4 players per team.
- 3 Players + 1 Substitute players.
- Team Uniforms Any colour number not necessary Uniform tops must be same colour
- Dark light reversible tops preferred
- Each Team MUST Provide One.
- No Time Outs
- Initial Possession decided by one round of Rock, Paper Scissors.
- 10 Minute games or first team to 21 Points.
- 15 Minute time slots
- Clock does not stop
- Tie Game- If the score is tied at the end of playing time, an extra 1-minute period of time will be played. Team that scores the first 2 points in this extra time will be the winners.
- There shall be an interval of 30 seconds before the overtime starts.
Any whistle or re start at arc
FOULS / FREE THROWS
A team is in a penalty situation after it has committed 6 fouls. Players are not excluded based on the
- number of personal fouls unless 2 technical fouls have been awarded to that individual player in which case that player will be withdrawn from the game.
- Fouls during the act of shooting inside the arc shall be awarded 1 free throw, whilst fouls during the act of shooting behind the arc shall be awarded 2 free throws.
- Fouls during the act of shooting followed by a successful field goal shall be awarded 1 additional free throw.
All technical fouls will be always awarded with 1 free throw and ball possession; whilst unsportsmanlike fouls will be awarded with 2 free throws and ball possession. The game shall continue with an exchange of the ball behind the arc at the top of the court after a technical or unsportsmanlike foul.
Note: no free throws are awarded after offensive foul.
HOW THE BALL IS PLAYED
Following each successful field goal or last free throw (except those followed by ball possession):
- A player from a non-scoring team will resume the game by dribbling or passing the ball from inside the court directly underneath the basket (not from behind the end line) to a place on the court behind the arc.
- The defensive team is not allowed to play for the ball until the offensive team has taken the ball beyond the 3pt line
Following each unsuccessful field goal or last free throw (except those followed by ball possession):
- If the offensive team rebounds the ball, it may continue to attempt to score without returning the ball behind the arc. – If the defensive team rebounds the ball, it must return the ball behind the 3pt line (by passing or dribbling).
- If the defensive team steals or blocks the ball, it must return the ball behind the arc (by passing or dribbling)
- Possession of the ball given to either team following any dead ball situation shall start with a check ball, i.e., an exchange of the ball (between the defensive and the offensive player) behind the arc at the top of the court
- A player is considered to be “behind the arc” when neither of his feet are inside nor step on the arc.
- In the event of a jump ball situation, the defensive team shall be rewarded the ball.
STANDINGS OF TEAMS
Both in pools and in overall competition standings, the following classification rules apply. If teams
that have reached the same stage of the competition are tied after the first step, refer to the next
one – and so on.
- Most wins (or win ratio in case of unequal number of games in inter-pool comparison).
- Head-to-head confrontation (only taking win/loss into account and applies within a pool only).
- Most points scored in average (without considering winning scores of forfeits)
HOW TO REGISTER
Find a team of 4. All teams must have 4 players. 4 players MINIMUM and MAXIMUM. It is necessary to have 4 encase of injury. It is unnecessary to have more than 4 as players will not get enough court time.
Confirm that ALL players are the CORREECT age at the time of the tournament
Collect all players email addresses so you can send out the player registration link.
Confirm if players do or do not play WABL/NBL1
Team Registrations can then be made here >> https://bit.ly/MBA3X3T2 by the Team Coordinator.
Team Coordinator will need to log in to their PlayHQ account. If they do not have one you will need to create one
$80 will need to be paid at the time of registration
Team Coordinators will receive a PLAYER REGISTRATION link. Please send each player this link.
All teams are required to wear matching playing shirts. We encourage teams to wear reversible singlets so that you can easily swap if there is a clash.
Playing shirts do not need numbers and are a team decision.
On game day a representative/parent from each team must score.